Today on 'This Just In' I wanted to bring you relationship advice. I so often get asked what the best way is to rekindle a dying romance, or how to avoid divorce... I bring you a story today that I hope will help all of us...
A woman attempting to reconcile with her estranged husband handcuffed herself to him as he slept and then bit him on his torso and arms as he phoned for help, police said. Helen Sun, 37, told police she wanted to have a conversation with Robert Drawbaugh without him leaving. She changed the locks on their bedroom door and, while he was sleeping Monday, handcuffed herself to him, authorities said.
Drawbaugh was able to dial 911 from his cell phone. Nearly out of breath, he told dispatchers he woke up handcuffed, was still bound to his wife and was holding her down, according to a recording released by police. Dispatchers heard Drawbaugh scream in agony, apparently as his wife bit him.
"Owwwwwwwww!!!" Drawbaugh shouted repeatedly. "Are they almost here? Oh God. I need help!"
Officers who went to the home in Fairfield heard Drawbaugh screaming for help and forced their way in through the front door.
Drawbaugh was treated at a hospital, police said. Sun told investigators that restraining Drawbaugh was the only way she could get him to speak to her, authorities said.
Who can blame her? She wanted to work on their marriage...and he clearly didn't want to put forth the effort it takes to make a marriage work. What options did she have? He wouldn't talk to her unless she restrained him. People always say that they want to be able to walk away from a situation knowing they did EVERYTHING they could to make it work. Well, she can walk away (in handcuffs) knowing she tried with everything she had to make that marriage work. He clearly didn't want to put the work into it. He's a quitter, that's for sure. My advice to you, Readers, is that you try everything you can to make it work!
On a side note: Several things jumped out at me while reading this article...
1. Is this a dramatized version of real events? "Screamed in 'agony' as his wife bit him"??? Agony? Really?
2. How sharp are her teeth exactly?
3. How deeply does he sleep? She changed the locks on their bedroom door before handcuffing herself to him and waking him up with her agonizing biting. If someone was changing the locks on my bedroom door, I think I might hear them.
4. How did he manage to dial 911? She handcuffed him and was biting him, but he managed to get his cell phone and dial 911? I can barely dial on my cell phone when I'm coherent and have all my filangies at my disposal.
5. What was her back-up plan? Cutting him with her toenails?
Well, Readers, thank you for joining me for another edition of 'This Just In.' In closing, I hope you've learned something today, Readers! Never give up! Never quit! Even if it means handcuffing your dreams and torturing them till they submit to your will! Never say die!