Monday, March 30, 2009

This Just In: Love Hurts

Hi Readers!
Today on 'This Just In' I wanted to bring you relationship advice. I so often get asked what the best way is to rekindle a dying romance, or how to avoid divorce... I bring you a story today that I hope will help all of us...

A woman attempting to reconcile with her estranged husband handcuffed herself to him as he slept and then bit him on his torso and arms as he phoned for help, police said. Helen Sun, 37, told police she wanted to have a conversation with Robert Drawbaugh without him leaving. She changed the locks on their bedroom door and, while he was sleeping Monday, handcuffed herself to him, authorities said.

Drawbaugh was able to dial 911 from his cell phone. Nearly out of breath, he told dispatchers he woke up handcuffed, was still bound to his wife and was holding her down, according to a recording released by police. Dispatchers heard Drawbaugh scream in agony, apparently as his wife bit him.

"Owwwwwwwww!!!" Drawbaugh shouted repeatedly. "Are they almost here? Oh God. I need help!"

Officers who went to the home in Fairfield heard Drawbaugh screaming for help and forced their way in through the front door.

Drawbaugh was treated at a hospital, police said. Sun told investigators that restraining Drawbaugh was the only way she could get him to speak to her, authorities said.


Who can blame her? She wanted to work on their marriage...and he clearly didn't want to put forth the effort it takes to make a marriage work. What options did she have? He wouldn't talk to her unless she restrained him. People always say that they want to be able to walk away from a situation knowing they did EVERYTHING they could to make it work. Well, she can walk away (in handcuffs) knowing she tried with everything she had to make that marriage work. He clearly didn't want to put the work into it. He's a quitter, that's for sure. My advice to you, Readers, is that you try everything you can to make it work!


On a side note: Several things jumped out at me while reading this article...

1. Is this a dramatized version of real events? "Screamed in 'agony' as his wife bit him"??? Agony? Really?

2. How sharp are her teeth exactly?

3. How deeply does he sleep? She changed the locks on their bedroom door before handcuffing herself to him and waking him up with her agonizing biting. If someone was changing the locks on my bedroom door, I think I might hear them.

4. How did he manage to dial 911? She handcuffed him and was biting him, but he managed to get his cell phone and dial 911? I can barely dial on my cell phone when I'm coherent and have all my filangies at my disposal.

5. What was her back-up plan? Cutting him with her toenails?


Well, Readers, thank you for joining me for another edition of 'This Just In.' In closing, I hope you've learned something today, Readers! Never give up! Never quit! Even if it means handcuffing your dreams and torturing them till they submit to your will! Never say die!




6 comments:

Rae said...

This is one for the books! Why didn't she handcuff him to the bed? No headboard, well use the bed frame. I don't think she thought this through. Bad plan!

Princess Lisa said...

Grandma... I can't help but be a little disturbed by your experience with handcuffing men to bed frames and headboards....
Proud, yes, but a little disturbed.

Julie and Nate said...

Wow! Where have I been all these months? I just pulled up your blog and have been laughing out loud ever since. Thanks for your hilarious insights into everything!

Rae said...

Lisa, I may be old but I'm not dead!

Larry Shawshank said...

I had a similar experience when I tried to end a twelve year relationship. I avoided her like the plague, but she followed my every move. Little did I know, she was trained by the CIA as an interrogater. She used her secret spy training on me in an attempt to reconcile. I was sleeping in my bed when she broke a window, came into my room, turned on a Metallica CD, and tied my hands and feet to the bed with ribbons. I had no idea she was there! I woke up and she used mind control on me. I vaguely remember her saying," Simon says get back together with me. Simon says lay on your back. Simon says scream while I bite your legs and arms, because I can!" I could not resist. The CIA trained her well. Needless to say, she has not forgotten to say,"Simon says." But when she does, I am totally breaking it off for good.

Larry Shawshank said...

I had a similar experience when I tried to end a twelve year relationship. I avoided her like the plague, but she followed my every move. Little did I know, she was trained by the CIA as an interrogater. She used her secret spy training on me in an attempt to reconcile. I was sleeping in my bed when she broke a window, came into my room, turned on a Metallica CD, and tied my hands and feet to the bed with ribbons. I had no idea she was there! I woke up and she used mind control on me. I vaguely remember her saying," Simon says get back together with me. Simon says lay on your back. Simon says scream while I bite your legs and arms, because I can!" I could not resist. The CIA trained her well. Needless to say, she has not forgotten to say,"Simon says." But when she does, I am totally breaking it off for good.