Soooo.... Natalie tagged everyone for Thanksgiving. I'll be honest, I didn't plan on doing it. I'm just that kind of lazy. But, here it is Thanksgiving Day and I have a warm, fuzzy feeling and I thought I should participate. (Plus, it's not often I post seriously.)
Drum Roll please.... (The following are numbered 1-10 but do not necessarily reflect my thankfulness in a ranking order...)
1.The color PINK! It doesn't matter what it is, everything looks better in pink. A normal M&M is good...but make it pink and it is delicious! The world looks better through rose-colored glasses, it is true. Pink makes me happy, it makes me feel pretty and makes me feel like a princess. What other color can do that? None of them! Pink rocks.
2. The Atonement, Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. I have so frequently taken for granted Their unconditional love and guidance. There have been times when I have turned away from Them, times when I deliberately chose alternate courses. What I know is that Their love will always be there, and that there is always a way back. And I am so thankful for that.
3. My hearing. I know that's a weird one, but it's true. Sometimes I get annoyed with loud noises or rude people when I'm out and about. And then I think about how sad it would be to not be able to hear. To miss out on my niece's and nephew's laughter, to miss out on my family all sitting around the table, talking over the top of one another. I would miss out on so much. I am so grateful to be able to hear the world around me. Which leads me to.....
4. Music! I love music. It is constantly on. Whether I am at home, at work, in the car...music travels everywhere with me. I am always amazed at how I can always find a song that suits my mood, how I can find a song with lyrics that say exactly what I needed to hear. And that a song can instantly transport me into a memory. I love me some music!
5. The ability to find humor in nearly every situation. Many times when it is highly inappropriate. I am grateful to be able to laugh at myself and at others. Laughter makes everything seem lighter and more manageable. I am truly grateful for a sense of humor.
6. The interweb. I honestly don't know what we did before the interweb. Now that we have the interweb, I never have a question go unanswered. If I wonder about it...someone has written about it! It's fantastic. What did they do 40 years ago? I imagine that people were mostly clueless. If they had a question, guess what? They died wondering!
7. Books. What would my life be without books? Well, I might get more done. Who knows. Truly, I am the biggest nerd. I know this. I am comfortable with this. I love books. They transport me to another time and place. And I have the most random trivia in my head because I once read it in some book. You have a lifeline on a game show? I am good person to call.
8. That I wasn't born in Pioneer times. More power to them...I couldn't have done it. Trek across the plains? I just don't see me doing it. I'd like to say I would have gone with faith. But chances are, I would've stayed put on my fat butt. Trek? Doubtful. I am grateful for Pioneer Day though. In Utah we get a day off!
9. My Parents. I cannot ever express my gratefulness for my Dad and Mom. They have time and time again provided me with a sanctuary to come to so that I could find the right path. I have made so many mistakes and at times wondered how they could keep believing in me, keep helping me. But they have. They have provided for me financially and emotionally through trials that they did not ask for. I can truly say that without my Dad and my Mom I would not be here today. I can never be grateful enough for everything that they have done, for the support they have given me. I love them and am thankful for them every day.
10. Hand Sanitizer. You have no idea how much richer, fuller and brighter my life has been since I've been killing 99.9% of germs. There are so many gross things in this world. It makes me feel safer just knowing I'm killing as many germs as I can. I feel like it's my duty in this life, my way of helping the world. Kill as many germs as possible. Plus, the scent??? Nothing says sexy quite like the smell of antibacterial wipes. Mmmmm. I imagine that Mr. Right wears sanitizer as his cologne. Thank you, whoever invented them. Thanks to them, I can actually go out in public.
There you have it...I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! May you all have a warm and fuzzy feeling...in your heart. Happy Thanksgiving!