Friday, August 8, 2008

8-8-8

August 8th, 2008 or... 8/8/8

Wow, won't happen for another thousand years. And at that point I will be a cyborg, so it won't be nearly as exciting.

My goal for 8-8-8.... I wanted to either have a baby on this day or to marry on this day.

They have both fallen through, unfortch.

Last night it occurred to me (my mom pointed it out, actually) that it might be difficult for me to have a baby today, not being pregnant and all. And I guess she's right. Which means that on 8-8-8 I will not be having a baby. I guess I will have to settle for stealing a baby. I know someone who works in the mother/baby unit at the hospital. Hopefully she can help! *wink, wink*

As for the wedding....well, I'm not dating anyone special. So, I'm going to have to go with a stranger or someone completely wrong for me. It's the only way. I am still accepting applications, but we will have to leave soon if we want to get to Vegas on time.
What I'm really hoping for is that I meet Prince Charming in the next few hours so we can head on down to Vegas and marry on 8-8-8! And I would imagine our marriage would last...at least a day or so.

I've always wanted a quickie Vegas wedding. If you know anyone...send them my way!

I can't believe I'm going to have a husband and a stolen baby all in one day!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I might be able to help with the husband thing. There is an unwritten rule that almost no one knows about. Lucky for you, I do!! Here is what you do. Drive up the window of any Fast Foot restaurant ( that has a guy at the window, go to another one if there is a women) wink once with your left eye, twice with your right eye, smile big, wrap your hair around your left index finger and pull your right ear with your right index finger and thumb. Now say "illwa ouya arryma ema?"

It works everytime!!!! Good luck!! I would love to be a witness at the nuptials if you need one!!

Natalie said...

Food!!!

Shawna said...

Don't even joke. You don't even know who is watching these blogs. It's not funny, what with the code pink we had recently. Sure, that was just a fake baby doll, but it was still scary nonetheless.

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

I would have let you borrow one of my kids for a day. You could have walked around telling people she was yours. You should have asked! As for husbands, that one is tricky, but I like Natalie's suggestion!