Friday, April 9, 2010

A new restaurant...kinda.

A while back we got an Iggy's Sports Grill. Good restaurant. Nothing hugely special, true. We already had a Chili's and a Ruby Tuesdays. But I thought Iggy's was a much better restaurant than those two...

Apparently I was the only one who thought that though. It went out of business. Boo! Then.....good news! I heard it was for sale for about a half a million. Chump change! I knew this was the business for me. It was a business opportunity and a challenge that I was looking forward to. Unfortunately...it turns out that I don't have a half a million dollars. I was slightly short of that, surprisingly. Bummer.

Luckily, someone has bought the Iggy's building. They decided not to buy the franchise though. The new owners took down the Iggy's Sports Grill sign...and then faced the very difficult challenge of coming up with a new name. I will give it to them, it's not easy. But...I have to say, I think these are some pretty unimaginative people that bought the old Iggy's Sports Grill. They just put up the new signs, proudly displaying their new name.... Aggy's Sports Grill.
Yes. Aggy's Sports Grill. Big change from Iggy's Sports Grill. Big difference.

I'm not sure of the logic behind this decision. Maybe they wanted to keep on the old staff, but also doubted the staff's intelligence and wanted to make it easy on them to remember the new name? Maybe they overpaid for the restaurant and needed to save on make-over costs? If you only have to change one letter it would probably save a lot of money.

I don't know what their reasoning was. Personally, I would have gone with Eeggy's. sounds like Iggy's, but with a Spanish accent. I hope that the food is more imaginative than their naming skills. We'll see!

5 comments:

Tami said...

I didn't know Iggy's was gone! It'll be interesting to see what the new place is like.

Abby Gail said...

Well you know if all the old stuff is still in there you just have to tip the "I" over a little bit and sharpie pen in the rest of the A. Done! You don't have to retro fit the whole place to fit the new name. Genius!

Princess Lisa said...

Tami- obviously you didn't eat there often...you're part of the reason then went out of business!!! :)

Amy- I know, right? Pure genius!

BBASP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BBASP said...

In reference to Miss Abby Gail, the I is obviously not tipped over! Obviously the owner of AGGY'S is quite intelligent and has spared no expense re-vamping the place! Check it out. Classy interior, new designs, great food, awesome servers! There has been no retro-fit done to the place, it is a whole new restaurant WITH AN ENTIRELY NEW MENU--YOU can pretty much say GENIUS!!!