Today is my Dad's birthday... Just had to give a shout out to my Dad! Hollla!
Some things I thought I would share about my Dad today...
1. When I was younger, I thought he was magic. When we were at stoplights he could always predict when our light would turn green again! How did he do it? I was sure it was magic.
2. I believe my Dad knows everything. Either he knows everything... or he is a very convincing liar. If I ask him something I rarely get an "I don't know." And those rare occasions when he does say that...he swiftly follows it up with an answer that is believable enough for me.
3. I'm fuzzy on the details, but when I was a little kid my Dad took me on a ride at the fair and it made me sick and I was scared. After we got off the ride, my Dad won a stuffed animal for me and took me on a mellow ride. Although I don't remember specifics, I do remember feeling like my Dad would always make everything better.
4. I've only heard my Dad sing ONCE. It was a song that says something about... "I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my motorcycle..."
5. I wouldn't be surprised to find out my Dad leads a secret life. Prime Minister of Canada or CIA Agent or Japanese Game Show host. If someone came to me and told me about this life, I'd probably just respond with... "Hmmm...I figured as much."
6. I'm convinced my Dad is bionic. That strength doesn't come from natural humans.
7. My Dad has ruined men for me. I frequently get annoyed when guys can't figure things out or fix something or don't have the answer or aren't strong enough. Seriously? My Dad could do it. I'm afraid I'll spend my life saying that... "My dad could do it..."
8. One time my sisters and I were saying something about how my Dad knows how to do everything and Tara piped up with, "Dad did let me down one time." I had to know more. She told me a story about one evening when she was driving from Taylor to Show Low and her jeep broke down. She was stuck halfway, on the side of the road. That was the end of the explanation. I was unclear on how my Dad let her down. Tara responded with, "He didn't KNOW I was broken down and needed help." Yup, he let her down once, by not intuitively knowing that she was broken down and coming to her rescue. Shame on him.
9. I think my Dad has the cutest wave. He is such a strong man and yet his wave is so cute. It always makes me giggle. I love watching him cruise down the road in his pick-up, with his shades on and then his cute wave. Always brings a smile to my face.
10. My Dad gives the best hugs. They are so tight. Once I think he might have cracked my rib. But there is nothing better! There is always safety, strength and sureness in his hug.
I love my Dad so much. I am grateful that he is my Dad and that I have had his example in my life. I know that families are forever and I know ours will be. And I am so glad that I will my Dad, forever.
Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!