So, I have been told by numerous people that my original quirks were not interesting enough because they learned nothing new about me. So, I dug deep...hopefully you learn something new this time around...if not...well, screw you pal. I tried.
1. I hate to chew in the morning. It goes beyond hating to eat in the morning, which I don't like to do either. If I have to eat in the morning, it should be liquid. Because I hate chewing in the morning! Maybe it's that I think if I chew I'm actually awake. Like the saying goes, "As a man cheweth, so is he awaketh." Or something. I don't know, but I hate it!
2. I still wish on stars. I do. It's lame and childish and logically I KNOW nothing will happen if I wish on a star. But I still do it. And I still say the whole thing...starlight, starbright...yadda yadda yadda. I'm still waiting for my unicorn from when I was 6 and my millions of dollars. But I sometimes wish for the simple things in life too. And guess what? Sometimes my wishes come true! Coincidence? Yeah. But still.
3. I am a huge fan of pun intended. I'm also a huge fan of over-explaining jokes. It makes it funnier to me.
4. The song "Smile" (Music by Charlie Chaplin, lyrics by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons) always makes me cry. Doesn't matter who is singing or how many times I've heard it or what mood I'm in. I instantly well up. I love the simplicity of the message. It's about hope. Even when you are sad, just keep smiling and just keep trying and you'll get through. Full lyrics can be found here:
5. When I make a sandwich I have to take a bite of it before I leave the kitchen. When I get a coke at a convenience store I have to take a sip before I go pay and leave. I don't know if it's quality inspection or if I just have to fulfill the instant gratification side of me. Either way...I do it.
6. In my head, there is a narrator. I hear a voice-over narrating the events of my life as well as those around me. I also have a constant soundtrack. If something in my life is going on, there is a song playing in my head. Maybe multiple tracks. And then songs will remind me of particular events in my life. Combine the voice-over and the soundtrack...it's basically a movie up in my head. Very entertaining. And also distracting.
7. I have an obsession with pulling arm hair and chest hair. If I'm having a conversation with someone with hairy arms or they have chest hair poking out of their shirt...it takes serious effort to pay attention and not grab the arm hair and YANK! Sometimes I just do it. Or, today, my co-worker Bruce was talking about something and I said..."Would it help if I pulled your arm hair?" Luckily, Bruce already knows I'm weird and he said it would help and he held out his arm and I yanked. If only everyone let me yank their arm hair. Life would be perfect.