Monday, October 20, 2008

Here a tag, there a tag, everywhere a tag tag...

...
No, not a skin tag. Those are just gross, aren't they? I don't mean to offend anyone out there with skin tags. I'm sure I'll have one soon enough.

I've been "tagged." I don't remember by who (or whom...I can never remember which it is) or by how many people (or peeps...I can never remember which it is...)...but I know I've been tagged and I must answer the call. You're supposed to tell who tagged you, but I don't tag and tell. Plus I don't remember. It could've been anyone. It'd be impossible to know.
So, I'm supposed to tell 7 quirks about myself. It's going to be tough to do this for a number of reasons. None of which I'm going to share at this time. I already have to share 7 quirks, I shouldn't have to tell why it will be hard, too.

#1- I loathe chit chat. I do. I think you should just get to the point. I really don't like running into people and standing around talking about absolutely nothing. I know, I know...this makes me unfriendly or something...but can you imagine all of the time I could save by not participating in chit chat? Running into neighbors/acquaintances at the store, chit chatting when on the phone before the caller gets to their point, talking to the cashier while they ring me up even slower because they can't focus on two things at once... I would have like an extra half an hour a day to watch more TV! Imagine all of the TV I could be enjoying. Instead, it's wasted on human interaction.

#2- I am convinced that all of my fears, phobias, inhibitions, etc are caused by traumas in a previous life. But I don't actually believe in past lives. I want to though. I love the idea of it. It's a great concept. That we keep progressing in each life, some innate qualities or fears we need to overcome. I also want to believe in destiny and fate. I don't. But I'd like to.

#3- If the clock says 2:11 I say "Happy Birthday" to myself! If the clock says 9:11 I have a moment of remembering 9/11 and always wonder if the people who lost someone in the 9/11 attacks think about that every time the clock turns 9:11. And how sad that would be.

#4- I'm always afraid people will think I am better than I am. Smarter, better, funnier. I feel like I should come with a disclosure... like a review mirror. ***Objects in front of you may not seem as smart or as funny or as put together as they appear***

#5- I wait for new music Tuesday every week with so much hope in my heart! Every week I count down to Tuesday...wishing and hoping that wonderful, new music will come out! And most weeks it's a bust. I get so disappointed. But I still go online every Tuesday...hopeful that this is the week for me and my iPod!

#6- I think it's so rude to pay more attention to your phone via text or other phone calls when out with people. But...I still do it. It's like saying, "Hey, I know we're together in person but this lazy arse on the other end of my phone who can only text me is more important..." But I do it, I do.

#7- I clean up after myself in a restaurant and wipe the table down for the wait staff. When I go to the doctor, I am the one that removes the paper off the table and replaces it for the next patient. I don't know why. I don't want people to think I'm rude or a mess...I suppose.


Hopefully you've learned something new about me!

So, now I am supposed to tag 7 people. I don't think I know 7 people. Or at least not 7 people who haven't already been tagged. I think I will tag Brandon, Bryan, Rinnie, Ali, Jack Bauer, Shawna and Amy.

Peace out.

3 comments:

the Cheerful Optimist said...

Hi Lisa, I enjoyed your seven (where seven came I don't know, I was tagged with 6) things about you especially cleaning up at the Doctor's office. Chit Chat can be fun and productive at times; dating, helping someone feel important when they feel they have no friends and the list goes on. I love you humor.

Hallie said...

Since you hate chit chat and want to get straight to the point I'll say this, it was an ok post.

Lonna said...

Ha, Hallie that was a great comment!!! She nailed it.
Everyone already knew all that stuff about you. Give us something really juicy...