Thursday, November 19, 2009

No reason to turn 30

In 2011 I will officially be 30. Honestly, I'm more excited than bummed. (but it is still over a year away...maybe I will resent it before then.)
I've been looking forward to it, sort of a new chapter...a new phase. 2011, here I come!

And then...the unthinkable happened. Someone ruined 2011. Yes, the entire year. This is horribly, saddening news...readers, you're going to want to sit down for this one!
Although, to be honest, if you're standing at your computer instead of sitting...you're a weirdo.

On to the news...

Oprah has announced that her show is officially over in 2011. The world has come to an end.

"Tomorrow, Oprah will announce live on The Oprah Winfrey Show that she has decided to end what is arguably one of the most popular, influential and enduring programs in television history," the statement read. "The sun will set on the Oprah show as its 25th season draws to a close on September 9, 2011."

Arguably, is right. I'd argue that statement. Well, maybe Oprah can go live on a remote island with Celine Dion and she'll never shove her political agendas down our throats again!!! Here's hoping!!!

And, yes, the sadness was sarcasm. I couldn't ask for a better birthday gift!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

please say it isn't so......I don't think I can handle this right now. Maybe she will retire like Jay Z and come back in a couple years when she realizes that she's nobody without the show. Here's hopin'.

Annie Bannannie said...

You realize she will be shoving the political views down your throat with her unlimited financial resources as she goes on the campaign trail.:) YES I said it. There is no way she is not going to go poitical "full monty" after her love of Obama's campaign with which she has been given full credit. Puleaze. Ummm sorry if I ruined your birthday in 1.5 years with this thought. I love you!

Barbie said...

Yay!

Hallie said...

SWEET! it's on my birthday! how Lucky am i!i know .... your jealous!