Thursday, July 2, 2009

Love your local news

I find any local news stations very amusing. They over exaggerate and rarely have anything of importance. They try to entice you with small nuggets of information during other shows to make you want to tune in!
"What is killing thousands of Americans and might be in your bathroom??? Join us at ten tonight and find out!"
Ummmm....if something in my bathroom might kill me, I'd rather not wait till ten to find out.

Personally, I rarely watch the news. And I usually don't pay attention to the little tidbits they try to entice you with...

But last night, I must admit, they got me. I heard this announcement...

"Severe weather warnings for Northern Utah, drunken driver arrest in Murray and a naked passenger diverts a plane....tonight at 10!'

Uhhh, back up.... naked passenger diverts plane? Shouldn't we lead with this story?!?!?! Nope. Apparently other stuff took priority. I disagree, so I found the story online, rather than supporting my local news.

Here's the scoop:

A passenger stripped naked during a US Airways flight and resisted a flight attendant's efforts to cover him with a blanket before two off-duty law enforcement officers on board subdued and handcuffed him, authorities said Wednesday.
Keith Wright, 50, of the Bronx in New York, was taken into custody after he disrobed while sitting in his seat in the back of Flight 705 on Tuesday evening, authorities said.

Wright was unresponsive when a flight attendant asked him to put his clothes back on, said Dan Jiron, a spokesman for the Albuquerque airport. "She asked him on more than one occasion to put on his clothes. She covered him with a blanket and he took that off," Jiron said.
Wright punched and kicked the flight attendant, who asked two off-duty law officers for help, according to a criminal complaint. A Los Angeles police officer and sheriff's deputy helped the flight attendant subdue and handcuff Wright before the flight landed, Jiron said.


So....apparently being naked on a plane isn't allowed. They always tell us to keep our seatbelts fastened, but not once have they told me to keep my clothes on! How are we to know it's against the rules? Maybe he was hot. Maybe he felt it was too restrictive. Maybe he was showing off his goodies for a reason. I know I have to keep my clothes on when entering a convenience store... because they post a sign: "No shoes, no shirt, no service."
But not once have I seen that in an airport. So, in my book, he didn't do anything wrong.

My favorite part is that they arrested him, handcuffed him and yet, still he remained naked.

"Wright was 'completely naked' as he was taken in handcuffs off the plane."

If they let him remain naked for the rest of the flight...what was the point?

2 comments:

Lonna said...

I often fly naked. apparently I know how to keep it quiet. I don't make a big scene. Rookies!Pah!

Rae said...

I have often wondered if it's alright to go to convience stores or cafes without pants, the signs only say shirts and shoes nothing about pants! And being that I never fly anymore I don't have to worry about that part.